Music Monday

Home by Phillip Phillips


By now, everyone has heard this song a million times on Top 40 radio. I know it's not a very original pick for Music Monday. But as popular and overplayed as it has become, I will always love this song. I first heard Home when it accompanied a slideshow depicting my summer at camp.

Working at Camp AmeriKids was one of the most rewarding and inspiring experiences of my life. Although many of the young campers had never been away from home before, my fellow counselors and I worked tirelessly to "make this place [their] home." The song fits perfectly with how I feel about each of my adorable campers. When it played alongside pictures of them, I couldn't help but tear up. Every time I hear this song I am reminded of that wonderful and emotional summer experience.

Comments

Popular Posts