Road Trip: Day Three

Washington D.C. to Lexington, VA


191 miles
3.5 hours
3 passengers
1 fraternity house

Last night, Lauren and I played Clue with her family. I have not had a family game night in a long time. It was great! I was laughing the entire time! Afterwards, Lauren and I got to catch up and reminisce about our adventures in South Africa. It was fantastic to see her smiling face and bask in her goofiness!

This morning I woke up in a big comfy bed in Bethesda, MD. Well rested and energized, Lauren and I made delicious french toast from challah bread. We laughed at ourselves as we realized that we are only capable of making breakfast foods! After breakfast, I went on a quick run around Lauren's neighborhood. It was great to stretch my legs after being cooped up in cars and metros the past couple days. But after my run, I was anxious to get on the road again. I packed up the car, gave Lauren a big hug and headed into D.C.

Becca spent the night at a friend's in Alexandria, VA. We agreed to meet in the city before leaving for Lexington. I arrived in the city at 1:30 pm, which gave us just enough time to wander around Dupont Circle before picking up Becca's friends at Union Station. Our primary destination was The House of the Temple of the Scottish Rite of Freemasonry. It is an incredible and little-known building in the middle of D.C. We took pictures on the large statues that guard the front doors.


After our photo shoot, we rushed over to Union Station. When we arrived, Becca's friend Max was waiting outside with his fraternity brother, Josh. The two of them loaded their suitcases into the trunk and we all headed towards Lexington. In three and a half hours, we arrived on the steps of the Sigma Phi Epsilon fraternity house at Washington and Lee University.


I was worried about spending the night in a fraternity house but I had a fantastic time! The fraternity brothers were incredibly welcoming and kind. We played Cards Against Humanity, drank beer and talked for hours. Getting to know them actually made me want to join a frat!

Comments

Popular Posts