Road Trip: Day Ten

Accokeek, MD to Sea Cliff, NY


283 miles
5 hours
3 cities
1 old friend

Today marked the end of our ten day journey through the South! We started off the day with a tour of Aaron's land. Although his house is only twenty minutes outside of Washington D.C., I felt like I was in the middle of the wilderness. He has a five-acre piece of property bordered by a stream and dirt roads. In a small barn on the edge of his property, Aaron houses two ducks and three geese that produce all of the eggs his family consumes. I was a little wary of the farm animals but excited to accept a dozen duck eggs!  

After our brief tour, Becca and I headed up to Philadelphia to visit a Moho Alum! Raisa treated us to  tea at a local coffee shop while we updated her on Mount Holyoke drama. It was great to catch up but Becca and I were anxious to get home. A couple hours later, Becca and I jumped back in the car and speed toward New York.

The road trip was a wonderful and exciting adventure but I can't wait to get a night's sleep in my own bed!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts