Road Trip: Day Seven

Atlanta, GA to Fort Mill, SC



4 hours
5 exhibits 
1 dolphin show

As soon as I opened my eyes and looked around our grungy hostel, I knew we had to pack up and get out of there! We left almost immediately and went to eat at The Flying Biscuit Cafe. We ate scrambled eggs, grits, chicken sausage, oatmeal pancakes and biscuits. I quickly learned that I am not a fan of grits. Instead, I devoured the eggs, biscuits and pancakes. The warm biscuits smothered in apple butter reminded me of my childhood. During the summer, my grandmother used to prepare delicious biscuits every morning. I can't wait to get home and bake some myself!


After breakfast, Becca and I headed to the Georgia Aquarium. I absolutely love aquariums. Every time I visit a new city I go to the aquarium.  The Georgia Aquarium is the most incredible aquarium I have ever visited. There were five different exhibits at the aquarium including Cold Water Quest, Ocean Voyager, Tropical Diver, Georgia Explorer, and River Scout. I loved them all but my favorite is  the Tropical Diver exhibit. Tropical fish and jellyfish are the most impressive and beautiful creatures. I am always taken aback by the beauty of tropical fish and coral reefs.


I was super excited to take a picture in front of one of the country's largest tropical fish tanks! The aquarium also had 'touch tanks.' These tanks were filled with starfish, sting rays, sharks and sea anemones that we could touch! I touched everything! I loved that each string ray had a different texture! Some of the string rays felt like sandpaper, others like jelly or spikes. I also enjoyed getting my fingers stuck to the tentacles of the sea anemones.

In addition to all of the regular exhibits, Becca and I also went to the dolphin show. I was so excited to see the performance that I started to tear up when the house lights went off. It was the most impressive dolphin show I have ever seen. There were musical numbers, light and sound effects, digital images and acrobatics! It was remarkably corny but I absolutely loved it!


After exploring the aquarium, Becca and I went to Little Five Points to grab a bite to eat. We went to a juice bar called Arden's Garden. I took a risk and purchased the mystery smoothie. It tasted delicious but healthy. Best risk I have ever taken!

With our smoothies in hand, we climbed into the car and drove to Fort Mill. It was a great drive - the check engine light even went off!

Comments

Popular Posts