Road Trip: Day Eight

A Day in Fort Mill, SC (and Charlotte, NC)


Last night, Carlo, Becca and I talked late into the night! Around two in the morning, we decided it might be a good idea to go to bed... I am glad we finally got some sleep because Carlo and I hit the gym this morning. I have not been inside a gym in a long time! It was nice to run on the treadmill and see how much faster I have become while training for the half marathon. I ran nine-minute-miles without feeling tired in my legs or lungs!




After our workouts, Iris took us on a tour of Fort Mill, Tega Cay and Baxter. Although Fort Mill is inland, there is water everywhere! In fact, Tega Cay is Polynesian for “beautiful peninsula.” We drove along the Tega Cay peninsula, which juts out into a large lake. One side of the lake is in South Carolina and the other side is in North Carolina. How cool would it be to swim between states in the summer?!



We finished our tour at a restaurant called Beef’s. By the time we finished lunch, all of us were ready for a nap. We each gave ourselves an hour to relax and recharge for our night out in Charlotte! Around 6:30pm we left the house and headed into the city! We went to Howl at the Moon in the Epicenter. The Epicenter is an outdoor mall filled with bars, clubs and restaurants. We went to Howl at the Moon for their Thursday night Piano Duel. I have never been to a Piano Duel before and it was an interesting experience. We got there a little early and the place was practically empty. We made several song requests and sang along as the bands played.



After our last request was played, we decided to walk around the city. I was fascinated by all of the fountains that are still running in the middle of January! But I especially enjoyed the enormous glass sculpture outside the museum of modern art! 


Comments

Popular Posts