Coventry Lake


My mother and I visited my grandmother in Connecticut today. We went out for ice cream and a drive around Coventry Lake. My grandmother told stories of when she was a little girl growing up in the country (which is now filled with strip malls :-/ ). As we drove around the lake, I snapped a picture of the house where she spent her summers. It is a beautiful piece of property right on the lake. But try as I might, I just couldn't picture her as a little girl running around in this yard.

Seeing this house and hearing her stories made me realize how little I know about my grandmother. She is an incredible woman in her own way, and I am determined to learn more about her and her history.

Comments

  1. Weird! I think Grandma and Grandpa used to visit a cottage in Coventry when your uncles were really little...you should ask her sometime....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts