Dinner Party

Yesterday, I hosted my first official dinner party in my new apartment! My friend Camille and I prepared a three-course meal. Camille prepared a delicious spinach and sweet potato salad with feta cheese and homemade salad dressing.

I prepared a simple lemon chicken entree with a side of steamed string beans and sautéed mushrooms and onions. For dessert, Camille baked pumpkin pie - the perfect autumn treat. I don't often enjoy cooking but there is something really satisfying about cooking for other people. I love arranging cheese platters and inviting people to gather around the kitchen as I prepare food. 


After preparing dinner, we set up a table in the backyard under the trellis strung with tea lights. It was a beautiful fall night for dinner outside. I am glad I got to spend one the last warm nights of fall sharing dinner with some of my closest friends. 

Comments

Popular Posts