Brooklyn Marathon: 6 Weeks Out

The Brooklyn Marathon is officially six weeks away! I can't believe it is almost here. My entire body has begun to ache. Last weekend I attempted to run a half marathon but felt awful the entire time. I was discouraged to say the least. I have not been prioritizing my training - instead I have indulged in late night drinking and oversleeping. But last night I decided to get serious. I declined going out and chose to go to bed early instead.


Then, as proof that I made the right decision, I saw a rainbow over the Brooklyn Bridge this morning during my long run. It was so inspiring, especially because today's half marathon was not any easier than last week's. I am taking this rainbow as a sign that I will be ready to run on the day of the race - no matter how much it hurts getting to the starting line. 

Comments

Popular Posts