Internet Resources for Runners

(This ancient and outdated photo inspires me!)

In preparation for the half-marathon I will be running this spring, I have begun to increase my weekly milage. Increased milage means more complex routes, longer playlists and greater risk of injury. Prior to the start of each week, I sit down and plan my runs. I determine how many miles I will run each day and map my routes. I customize my playlists to ensure that I keep a slow and steady pace. And during the run, I focus on my running technique to reduce injury. I have found several helpful websites that have simplified this planning process and improved my running experience! Here are some for....

Calculating mileage before or after your run

Keeping track of mileage during your run

Creating your own playlist for setting the perfect pace

Borrowing a pre-determined playlist for 10 minute miles

Keeping perfect form 

And choosing the correct shoes 

These websites are awesome but don't forget that every runner is unique. Not everyone needs to plan their runs or coordinate their running playlists. These are guidelines and suggestions, if something else works better for you don't be afraid to listen to what your body tells you! 

Comments

Popular Posts