Fall Fashion: Neutral Pumps

Until recently, I believed that black heels went with everything. I owned only one pair of high-heels - black patent leather wedges - that I wore to interviews, clubs and dates.

Totheflo by Nine West

But slowly, I began to realize that these shoes were not as versatile as I thought. When paired with jeans, I looked overdressed and pretentious. When paired with a little black dress, I looked monochromatic and dull. Although I will never stop wearing my black wedges, I decided I needed to do some serious shoe shopping.

Last friday, my friend and I hit the mall. Our first (and only) stop: Payless Shoe Source. Payless is the perfect store for broke college students! We all know that our shoes will get scuffed, stained or lost within the next year. Why invest a lot of money in a pair of shoes we know won't last? Payless offers great styles at great prices!

I went looking for a pair of shoes that would spice up my wardrobe. I left with two pairs of neutral pumps. But I have no regrets!

      

Kylie Wedge Pump                                    Karmen Pump

These shoes are practical yet stylish! The low heel makes them appropriate for class or an interview and the neutral tone compliments a busy top or colored jeans. Can you believe that together these cost less than forty dollars?!

Comments

  1. Personally I like red shoes. They look good with everything and they add a splash if sass to any outfit. Of course, being over a certain age, I worry about the long term impact of inexpensive shoes on ones feet but I suppose pumps and wedges aren't meant for long term walking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought three pair at the BOGO sale on Friday! I got Chris two sneakers and a pair of boots as well! I got that same Kylie wedge pump in burgundy suede and a grey/black glen plaid, and I got this flat in khaki: http://www.payless.com/store/product/detail.jsp?catId=cat10088&subCatId=cat10340&skuId=089653110&productId=70110&lotId=089653&category=&catdisplayName=Womens

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts