Fall Fashion: Sweater Fanatic

The other day my friend asked me: How many sweaters do you own?! She claimed she had never seen me wear the same sweater twice. Although I am sure that is not true,  I did purchase six sweaters at Goodwill last week... Does that make me a sweater fanatic?


I went into my closet the other day to count exactly how many sweaters I have accumulated over my short adult life: seventeen. I could wear a different sweater everyday for two weeks without repeating! But I can defend my large sweater collection. Each sweater has a different purpose! I have light sweaters for the transition into fall, holiday sweaters for the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas, and both solid-knit and bold-patterned sweaters for everyday winter wear.  

Here are some quick descriptions of my favorite sweaters:
(Ralph Lauren)



My Ralph Lauren cable-knit sweater is a classic. With a skirt, heels and pearls, this is a great sweater for the spring semester when warm weather is just a couple weeks away. But occasionally, I like to add some edge to this sweater by pairing it with black skinny jeans and converse.  
(Forever 21)



This Forever 21 sweater is fantastic for the "librarian" look in the fall. Paired with my oversized hipster glasses, I actually feel smarter (and cozier) in this outfit!






(Liz Claiborne)




I love holiday sweaters! The joy and festiveness of these sweaters get me excited for home-baked pumpkin pie, gently falling snow and holiday movies! I am slightly embarrassed to admit that I own three holiday sweaters, none of which were purchased by my grandmother! 
(Diane von Furstenberg)


My Diane von Furstenberg sweater is my pride and joy.  I absolutely love this sweater.  I wear it every chance I get.  I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it on the rack at Beacon's Closet. It was only after I got home and showed my mom my fifteen dollar find that she informed me how much this sweater is truly worth.  Diane von Furstenberg is a fabulous and revolutionary designer. I am proud to have a part of her collection hanging in my closet!  





Are you a sweater fanatic too? Are there any sweaters in your collection that you can't live without?

Comments

  1. I like sweaters too, but I have a hard time finding interesting sweaters for men that are not just classical v-necks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll stop by Men, Women, & Beast vintage clothing store in Brooklyn (ask Thea!) and see what I can find

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts