Pangy Day

Pangy Day is an invaluable tradition at Mount Holyoke. The name is derived from the word Pangynaskia, which means "cultivating the total world of women-physical, intellectual, and moral." There is no denying that Pangynaskia is the perfect name for a day celebrating the women of Mount Holyoke!

The day begins with an all-college picnic on Pageant Green. The dining staff barbecues hamburgers and hotdogs for everyone. In addition, they serve delicious lettuce, couscous, and bean salads! My favorite salad of the year is served at Pangy Day. It has mixed greens, craisons, strawberries, dried apricots and raspberry vinaigrette. Yum!!



After picnicking on Pageant, we head to Skinner Green for games, music, and ice cream! The highlight of the day is the maypole. Women weave the ribbons together through collaboration and synchronized movement. I did not participate in the weaving this year but I loved watching my fellow classmates figure out how to dance around each other to complete the maypole. 


The day was filled with friends, fun, festivities and flavors! I am sad it will be my last Pangy Day ;(

Comments

Popular Posts