Spring Awakening: Spring Weekend!

This has been an unusually cold spring but the weather cleared up on Sunday just long enough for everyone to enjoy a gorgeous day on Skinner green! The Network set up a variety of bouncy castles  including a basketball hoop, fighting arena, obstacle course and mechanical bull. 




As soon as we arrived, everyone gave the obstacle course a try. There was always a clear winner but I think some of us cheated a little more than others! Cali maintains that her winning streak was due to her strategy of remaining on her feet: "the danger is when you dive." However, Caitlyn argues that there was some sweatshirt pulling... I think the race between Hannah and Catie might have been the only clean competition! 


After a little convincing, Hannah and I decided to try our luck on the mechanical bull. 



It is a lot harder than it looks! I am convinced that the operator oils the saddle to keep people from staying on too long! Despite my lack of experience bull riding, I managed to set the record for the day! Who knew I would be a natural?


Hannah didn't last quite as long but she had a much more interesting dismount!


There was also live music and a photo booth with props! The Network out did itself this year! And as a senior, I could not have been happier with how Spring Weekend turned out. I had a great time playing around like a little kid. But the best part of my day was definitely just getting to hang out with friends!



I will miss these lovely underclasswomen next year!

Comments

Popular Posts