Music Monday: NYC B*tche$

NYC B*tche$ by Awkwafina


In honor of my last Monday in New York City, I would like to share one of my favorite songs about the greatest city in the world! I love this song because I can actually relate to the lyrics. Most popular songs about New York glorify the idea that anything can happen in the city that never sleeps. Lyrics reference concepts and places with which everyone in the world is familiar. Awkwafina's song is about the New York City I know, not because I visited once or lived here for a summer, but because I was born and raised here. Moving down South and leaving New York (especially Brooklyn), is going to be the worst heartbreak of my young life.

Comments

  1. But moving to a small, exciting city like New Orleans will energize your outlook! So much opportunity to see another way

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts