Easter Eggs!

This afternoon, Simone and I dyed Easter eggs. I hard boiled the eggs while she set up the dying station (of course, she put the dying cups in rainbow order!). She put eggs in each of the different coloring cups, but in the end they were all dyed red. That little one loves the color red! 


I expected it to be a rough afternoon since her sister and mother were spending the day at Brooklyn Boulders without her, but she had a wonderful time! While the eggs were dying, we played collaborative board games and listened to Joan Jett. Once the eggs were dyed and dried, she came up with elaborate stories as she covered them in stickers: "I was in an egg, then I came out and was a blue chick, but I decided to become a red chick, then I became a sheep!" 


Perhaps the best part of the day was when she said "Now I am covered in Ts!!!" (the Ts were actually crosses). I love it when children are still able to have light-hearted understandings of the world! There is no need to think about crucifixion while coloring eggs...

Comments

Popular Posts