Colorful Prints

A Stolen Moment by Bramblitt
In two months, I will be moving to New Orleans. I am roadtripping down, which means I can only pack essential items that fit in the trunk of my car. Unfortunately, this means I will be leaving behind most of my art collection. Not that my art collection is anything to brag about... But I am not looking forward to having blank walls in my new apartment!

The other day while mindlessly browsing facebook, I came across a video about an artist named John Bramblitt. He has been the subject of several documentaries and interviews but this was the first I had ever heard of him. His paintings are gorgeous, colorful works of art with a slightly surreal flair.

Balloon Sunrise by Bramblitt
Central Park in the Rain by Bramblitt
Koi Pond by Bramblitt
Stroll in the Rain by Bramblitt
They are impressive on their own, but his paintings are even more awe-inspiring when you learn that he paints with only his sense of touch. Bramblitt became blind over ten years ago due to a complication related to epilepsy. Since then, he has learned to feel the difference between paint colors! He uses raised lines to help him navigate the canvas and feels his subjects faces to "see" them. I am incredibly inspired by him and his artwork.

I can't wait to order a print for my new bedroom! If you would like to get one of your own, check out his website Sightless Works. Perhaps I should get this one... ;)

Mardi Gras by Bramblitt

Comments

Popular Posts