Summer Salads: Spinach and Strawberries


The first heatwave of the summer is upon us and I can't stomach the idea of standing over a hot stove to cook dinner. Instead, I am choosing to try out new crisp and refreshing salad recipes. Because I am not a huge fan of lettuce, the salads highlighted in this series will feature alternative leafy greens.

To start off the series, my friends and I made a spinach, cucumber and strawberry salad that is to die for! Read on for the detailed recipe.

Main Salad (serves 2-3):
1 bunch of spinach
1/2 cucumber
10-12 strawberries
2 tablespoons of crumbed gorgonzola cheese
2 tablespoons of crushed peanuts (optional)

Dressing:
1 lime
1/2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
pinch of sea salt

The salad is fantastic, but the dressing is probably the most impressive part of the meal. Who knew three simple ingredients could make the perfect dressing to spice up the bland flavor of cucumbers and spinach?

Comments

Popular Posts