Happy Birthday Grandma Lange!!


Today my grandmother Muriel "Kit" Lange turned 90! In honor of this momentous occasion, my aunt threw an afternoon garden party. It was a simple, sweet event with lots of love and food. We set up a display table with childhood photographs of my grandmother surrounded by recent pictures of the family she has built. Despite her age, there was an incredible turn out. Over twenty people showed up to celebrate with her! Check out the pictures of the party below.






Guests marveled at our beautiful family photos, enjoyed delicious food and caught up with family friends.



The day was beautiful, complete with an intense water gun fight, evening badminton and boys in buckets.

The children! 

The whole family! Minus Beth and Jeff :(

The youngest cousins! 

I loved that the party ended with a photo shoot. My whole family doesn't get together often and it is nice to document these rare moments. But perhaps my favorite photograph of the day is below. I love that my grandmother is actually smiling! Although a generally happy woman, she doesn't often smile for the camera. I also love that I have another picture with Margo! I haven't taken a picture with Margo since my aunt's wedding 15 years ago! It's incredible how much we have changed! 


Happy Birthday Grandma! I hope we get to celebrate many more! 

Comments

  1. Great post! Love the picture of Chris in a bucket. This was a very special day and I'm glad you thought so, too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts