Sweet Summer: Acro Yoga


I tried Acro Yoga for the first time this week! It was an interesting experience... 

While practicing Arco Yoga, you have to put a lot of trust in someone else to support and balance you. I am a fairly inexperienced yogi and the notion of trying poses upside down while balancing on top of someone else was a little frightening. Especially since I had never met the base before! Thankfully, Camille went first. She knew the base and was comfortable with the movements. After watching her and practicing a couple times, I eventually got into the swing of things. 




In the end, it was incredibly fun, and I am excited to try it again! I would like to find a studio where I can practice Acro Yoga and Inversions. These are difficult practices but I love the challenge and sense of accomplishment that comes from them. This experience definitely re-invigorated my desire to deepen my practice through yoga teacher training. Now I just have to find the time, money and place for training!


Comments

Popular Posts