Music Monday: Holiday Special

When I was younger, my mother purchased a holiday CD from the local hardware store.  As a little girl, I thought the men at the store had composed and performed the songs. Naturally, I developed an instant crush on all the cute hardware store employees. It was only a couple of years later that I discovered this CD was sold in every major record store. Regardless, Amp up the Holidays remains my favorite holiday album.

Here is a quick look at the track list:
1. Father Christmas by The Kinks
2. Little Saint Nick by The Beach Boys
3. I Wanna Spend Christmas With You by Lowell Fulsom
4. White Christmas by Ringo Star
5. Sleigh Ride by The Ventures
6. Rock and Roll Christmas by George Thorogood & The Destroyers
7. Jingle Bells by Wilson Pickett
8. Christmas Is The Time To Say I Love You by Billy Squier
9. Christmas Celebration by B.B. King
10. Run Rudolph Run by Chuck Berry
11. (I Want a) Rock and Roll Guitar by Johnny Preston
12. Please Come Home for Christmas by Charles Brown

I love every song on this album because each one is unusual. There are no sappy, boring classics on this album! My absolute favorite song is Run Rudolph Run. I harbor a secret love for Rudolph! So here it is:

Run Rudolph Run by Chuck Barrry


Merry Christmas everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts