Hot Chocolate Run

This past Sunday, I ran to support healthy families. The race is called the Hot Chocolate Run and it is a fund-raising event for the organization Safe Passages. Each year, thousands (6,000 to be exact) of runners show up in Northampton to demonstrate their support for the fight against domestic violence. The sheer number of people that participate in this race is an incredible display of support for the victims of domestic violence. And although the event is a reminder of a very serious issue, the race is incredibly fun!


Several people dressed up in silly outfits, including this lovely polar bear who ran the first half of the race with me! 


Although I didn't race as well as I might have hoped, the event coordinators allowed me to step into first place on the podium! Perhaps I can earn a spot up there next year! 

Comments

Popular Posts