Indoor Swing Set

After reading about Ann Hamilton's exhibit in the Park Avenue Armory, I knew I had to go there. Ann Hamilton has filled the enormous Drill Room with 42 swings that control the billowing of a large white cloth. The entire armory resembles an indoor, adult playground. I was anxious to get on the swings and feel like a kid again. I quickly staked out a spot on the floor and waited for a swing to become available. 


I had a blast swinging across the Drill Room! But I soon felt guilty for hogging the swing... After giving up my spot to an adorable young couple, I spent some time lying beneath the billowing cloth. 


The movement of the cloth reminded me of wind filling the sails of a sailboat. It was incredible to be in the middle of Manhattan on a freezing cold day and feel like I was on the bow of a boat in the spring. A day at the Park Avenue Armory was the perfect escape. The exhibit is only open for six more days but it is definitely not something to miss! Make it your New Years resolution to go for a swing before it's too late! 

Comments

Popular Posts