Fall Fashion: Transitioning from Summer to Fall

The fall in Massachusetts is characterized by warm afternoons and cool nights.  After a long summer in scorching temperatures, it can be hard to adjust to the cooler weather. But through years of experience, I have mastered the art of layering!

Outfit #1: Shorts, Sweaters and Boots


(sweater: Forever 21, shorts & purse: American Eagle, tank top: Old Navy)

During the first couple weeks of autumn, I can't help but hold on to the remnants of summer.  I am not quite ready to put my shorts into storage so I find ways to keep warm while showing skin! This first outfit is perfect for roaming around in the sun on an autumn afternoon.  The chunky sweater keeps you warm enough to withstand a crisp breeze, while the shorts keep you cool enough to stay active!


Outfit #2: Bulky Scarfs and Ballet Flats


(blazer: Ralph Lauren, shirt: Banana Republic, shoes: Boc, scarf: MoHo Gift Shop, pants: Big Star)

I dread harsh New England winters that force me to wear rain or snow boots everyday. Flats are a staple of every girl's wardrobe but are often pushed to the back of the closet when the weather gets cold. I plan to take full advantage of the last few weeks of autumn to show off my rain-soluble footwear.  Pairing ballet flats with a bulky scarf can transform any outfit into a fall fashion statement.  

These are suggestions for transitioning from summer to fall but what about the impending winter? Do you have any go-to tricks for winterizing your wardrobe?


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts