Training for a Half Marathon

Recently, I have gotten more and more excited about my long runs. On Monday, before the hurricane hit Western Mass, I went on an eight-mile run around South Hadley. Believe it or not, it was perfect running weather. I didn't get overheated, my heart kept a steady, calm pace and I didn't feel any pain in my knee! After that incredible runner's high, I decided it was time to get serious. 

(photo credit: http://no-thinking.blogspot.com/2010/07/mgm-half-marathon-training-week-two.html)

This morning I started researching half marathons in my area and I will be running my first race this spring! To solidify my plans, I started my first week of official training today! Check out my schedule for the rest of this week below! Maybe you will want to train along side me?


Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
5 miles
99 workout
5 miles
99 workout
7 miles
2-3 miles


Comments

Popular Posts