It's Official!

Last September, as the leaves started to fall, I took a look at my life and realized I was stuck. I had kept myself busy over the summer. I made sure I had plans every weekend and set realistic, attainable goals to feel accomplished. But all of a sudden, it was autumn and I was single and unhappy at work. When I started my job two years ago, it was a perfect fit. I entered an organization I respected in a position where I expected to have positive influence on public health programing. Unfortunately, the shine of an entry level position wore off as I got older and realized I hadn't made any progress towards my career goals. In an impulsive leap, I decided to apply to graduate school. 

Since I was applying at an awkward time of year, there were limited universities accepting applications. I polished my personal statement and submitted it to Tulane University's School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine (SPHTM). It was the only program I applied to and three months ago I found out: I GOT IN! 

I start school in just a few months and I can't wait to join the Green Wave! I haven't met a single person who went to Tulane and doesn't rave about it! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts