Galentine's Day!

Photo Credit: Hello Giggles
A holiday originally created by the inspirational Leslie Knope, Galentine's Day is a celebration of female friendship. Each year, Galentine's Day takes place on February 13th, the day before Valentines Day. It is an opportunity for women to acknowledge and appreciate their female friendships before being swept into the fervor of Valentines Day. I loved the idea when I first saw it on Parks and Recreation a couple years ago, but I decide to throw a Galentine's Day celebration for the first time this year...

Due to the crippling cold weather, I threw a yummy and cozy cookie party! I supplied the basic baking ingredients and each guest brought her own wine and beer. A 90s school dance playlist looped in the background as we made chocolate chip cookies and a buttermilk cake with sugar cream frosting.


After the goodies were out of the oven, we drank Hot Toddies (or as I like to call them, Hottie Totties) and watched music videos from the early 2000s. Although I had forgotten the names of many of the artists, I could still sing every word of their songs. I don't know if it was the honey whiskey or nostalgia but by the end of the night I was feeling a little emotional. It was a wonderful Galentine's Day full of good friends, delicious treats, and warm drinks.  I look forward to many more to come! Why can't everyday be Galentine's Day?

Comments

Popular Posts