Music Monday: Well Soon Favorites

Post Graduation Oblivion and Holy Cannoli by Walter Mitty and His Makeshift Orchestra


I am always taken aback by WMAHMO's ability to encapsulate the experiences I am having at different stages of my life. Well Soon is no exception (listen to the full album here). Each song contains poignant lyrics about what it is like to be a recent college graduate. Particular songs are eerily accurate descriptions of my life over the past 15 months. Post Graduation Oblivion captures how lost and confused I feel in this transitory state. I never know where I will be in six months or what I will be doing. Am I wasting precious years of my life with indecision? Or am I just blessed to have a life that could go in any direction?

I find myself reciting theses lines when I am feeling panicked:

  • "I lied about my major to a stranger on the bus. I am pretty sure I am aging poorly and I surely peaked too early" 
  • "I've never felt so uncertain of anything in my life. All panic aside, I actually kind of like it"
  • "I've got this funny feeling we'll be fine"


Holy Cannoli almost perfectly describes my most recent relationship. Listening to this song invokes mixed emotions. WMAHMO describe a relationship that is slowly deteriorating despite the initial undefinable connection. There is no animosity towards one another in the end, just a recognition that it is time to move on. WMAHMO capture the bittersweet feeling of watching someone you love slip away from you and fall into someone else's arms.


Well done, WMAHMO! Now post your tour dates

Comments

Popular Posts