Happy Mountain Day!


This morning, classes at Mount Holyoke were cancelled so students could spend the day hiking up the mountain, enjoying the beautiful fall foliage and eating ice cream on the summit! Later today, alums all over the world will meet in ice cream parlors at 18:37 (6:37pm) to celebrate. It is a wonderful tradition that brings Mount Holyoke women together during one of the busiest (and sometimes loneliest) times of the year.

Over the past six years, I have missed four official Mountain Day celebrations (including this year). Fortunately, my friends know how much I love the holiday and make sure I feel included even when I can't be there physically.

Mountain Day 2010
This will be another year in which I have to photoshop myself into the picture at the top of the Mountain... Which means that this cartoon is probably a more accurate representation of my Mountain Day:


But I fully plan to celebrate with some Mohos and ice cream later in the week!

Comments

Popular Posts