Walt Disney World Vacation: Magic Kingdom

Today is our first day in Disney! As corny as it may sound, Magic Kingdom is an enchanting place. Cinderella's castle towers over the park, an emblem of romance and girlish fantasy. Usually I don't buy into Disney fairytales. I don't believe that women should wait for men to complete them and I know women don't need love to save them from misery. 


But caught up in all of the excitement of Magic Kingdom, I put away my cynicism and allowed myself to enjoy the cute dresses and wide smiles. I enjoyed several of the rides in Magic Kingdom but my favorite was Space Mountain. It is an old ride but it is magical. It is an indoor roller coaster that is completely shrouded in darkness with the exception of tiny twinkling "stars." I loved the thrill of not being able to see where I was going and the magic of feeling like I was floating in space. The ride is as wonderful as I remembered it to be! 

I also enjoyed Under the Sea- Journey of The Little Mermaid, not because it is a particularly exciting ride but I just love The Little Mermaid! When I was a child, I wanted to be a mermaid and I couldn't understand Ariel's decision to be human. I loved watching the movie and pretending I could live in Ariel's world. My third favorite ride was Splash Mountain. It was the perfect ride to cool off in the middle of the hot Florida day. 



Comments

Popular Posts