Brooklyn is Love: Jane's Carousel

Although I am technically a Massachusetts resident, I will always be a New Yorker at heart. I love everything about the Big Apple: large crowds, constant noise, and endless entertainment. But I do have borough-bias. I am a die-hard Brooklynite. Brooklyn combines the excitement of a city that never sleeps with the comfort of a family neighborhood. Nothing gets better than Kings County!

In this new series, Brooklyn is Love, I will explore the wonderful and little-known sights that make up this incredible borough. Beginning with....

Jane's Carousel in DUMBO


There is a wonderful, simple joy that comes from riding a carousel. It reminds us of the joy of being a child. Whenever I ride a carousel, I am reminded of my childhood in Mystic, Connecticut. My grandfather would take me to the local carousel and promise to buy me a large ice cream cone if I could lean over and grab a brass ring. Those carousel rides are some of my greatest childhood memories. But Jane's Carousel in DUMBO is a whole new (grown-up) carousel experience!

This past summer, I visited Jane's Carousel with my little cousins from Indiana. The girls had a blast and, at $2 dollars a ride, this was the perfect way to keep them entertained for the afternoon. They enjoyed riding every animal on the carousel and I enjoyed the beautiful scenery. 




Jane's Carousel is a cheap and easy way to appreciate the beauty of New York City. As the carousel revolved, we saw gorgeous views of the Manhattan Bridge, Brooklyn Bridge and New York City skyline. When our backs were to the sights, the girls and I reached our hands out to one another. We challenged ourselves to interlock our fingers as our ponies moved in opposite directions. Once we were done spinning, Brooklyn Bridge Park was a phenomenal place to relax, picnic and sunbathe.


Have you ever been to Jane's Carousel? How many times did you ride?

Comments

  1. Honor and gaylen are actually from Illinois, not Indiana! But when you're from Brooklyn, everything beyond the Hudson that starts with an "I," might as well be Indiana!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts