Music Monday Special: Featured Artist Robyn

Thanks to my wonderful friends, I have recently discovered an artist who most people would consider a throwback: Robyn. I have become obsessed. There is something intriguing about her music that mildly offends me but gets stuck in my head for days. Her songs seem to glorify manipulation, deceit and stalking - but who can't relate to her lyrics about watching your crush mack on someone else from the corner of a room? Below are some of my favorite Robyn songs. They might make you feel a little uncomfortable but that doesn't make them any less catchy! (Also, check out her awesome aerobics instructor dance moves! The SNL writers room did a hilarious side by side parody of Call Your Boyfriend, which you can check out here)



The last song I will share today is probably the one that makes me feel most uncomfortable. In the uncensored version, she calls the guy a "a selfish narcissistic psycho freaking
Boot licking Nazi creep." The line is so powerful that it makes me which the rest of the song was a more powerful rejection of this "creep." Alas, Robyn gets her own kind of feminist revenge on him by using him the same way she alludes to him using "every waitress." 







Comments

Popular Posts