Music Monday: The End of the End

Happy Monday!

I apologize for the lull in music recommendations lately. Moving has been a hectic experience and I have significantly reduced my running time (which is when I usually listen to new music). In fact, today was the first day I have run in over two weeks! This song came on as I was finishing my final loop around Audubon Park.


It is an old favorite of mine for many reasons, but especially because of its subtle romance. Most people will listen to the song and only graze over the lyrics. But hidden between the repetitions is a love story between two people who hurt each other, grew apart and came back together. "The End of the End" is not a sad sentiment but rather a declaration of his love and his desire to spend the rest of his life with this person.

I relate to this song because there was a point at which I wanted this same declaration from someone who hurt me. Now I realize I should have dated a musician if I wanted a song written for me!

Click here to check out the full album! It's pretty great!

Comments

Popular Posts