Sweet Summer: Motorcycle License


This past weekend I got my motorcycle license!! A couple weeks ago, I watched Around the World in 360 Degrees and became convinced that I needed a motorcycle license. I want to be able to travel to other countries and have a consistent mode of transportation. Having a motorcycle license opens up a world of possibilities! And I wouldn't mind seeing some of those amazing landscapes from atop a motorcycle instead of from behind a computer screen!

My father and I signed up for a safe driver class at Brooklyn's Motorcycle Safety School. It was a rigorous three day course but I loved every minute of it. I was the only woman in my class, a fact that I was acutely aware of the whole time. During our final evaluation, I was nervous but confident. I knew I could maneuver this course but, as usual, I had a healthy dose of self doubt. After the skills test, our instructor asked each student to describe how the test went for them. When it was my turn, I stated that I felt shaky through the figure eight and decelerated too slowly during the quick stop. I was the only student to provide a criticism for myself. All of the men simply stated the test felt "fine." The instructor looked puzzled at my explanation. Contrary to my own self doubt, I received the only perfect score on the road test! 

I can't wait to get out there and practice my skills on the open road! 

Comments

Popular Posts