Beauty Secret: Nails


I have been in desperate need of a manicure for weeks. However, going to a nail salon is both inconvenient and expensive. On my currently thin budget, I decided it would be better to pamper myself at home. The only problem is that I don't have one of those fancy hand dryers, or even a blow dryer to use as a substitute. Whenever I paint my nails at home, I can never sit still long enough for the paint to dry. Ultimately, I am left with a messy, bumped and bruised manicure which makes me think that going bare would have been the better choice. But today I discovered a great new trick...

When I got up this morning, I put on all of my workout gear, including my sneakers and headphones. I was ready to walk out the door for my morning jog, but instead I sat down at my kitchen table and painted my nails. Immediately afterwards, I went on a four mile run and got 40 minutes of uninterrupted drying time.


When I got home, my nails still looked perfect! Since then, I have taken a shower, gotten dressed, prepared breakfast and washed my dishes without any damage. This may be my new life hack!

P.S. Isn't this an awesome fall nail polish color? I wouldn't have picked it myself but when I saw one of my co-workers rocking gray nails, I realized how great it looked and asked to borrow it! 

Comments

  1. Great idea! Now I just have to put the running (or in my case walking) hear on and get out!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts