Music Monday: Howler

Happy Monday Everyone!

Last year, this blog began as a coping mechanism and it worked fabulously for many months. But as time went on, and I began studying for the MCAT, I no longer needed the distraction. Now after a six month hiatus and a bit of a rough patch, I have decided it's time to bring back The Thandiwe!

To kick off the next chapter of The Thandiwe, I want to begin by raving about a concert I went to see last week. Frankie Teardrop opened for one of my favorite bands, Howler, at the Mercury Lounge in Manhattan. It was one of the best live shows I have ever seen! Howler has been a staple of my running playlist for the past year. While training for the marathon, I listened to their first album a hundred times during my 2+ hour runs. I can't even describe how pumped I was to see them live! My excitement even encouraged me to rush Jordan Gatesmith after the concert and bully him into changing his clothes so we could snap this picture:

Obviously Starstruck! 
I was truly impressed by every aspect of their performance. I can't believe that these guys are as young as I am, and yet have the talent and creativity to write and perform these songs. I don't even have the musical vocabulary to describe how awesome they are so I will let the music speak for itself! Enjoy!


(Recorded stuff doesn't even compare to the magic of seeing them live, but this is the limitation of imbedded videos)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts