Laurel Parade

Today I participated in Laurel Parade, a time-honored Mount Holyoke tradition. Each year, the day before graduation, students carry a laurel chain from Mary Woolley Hall to Mary Lyon's grave. The students weave the laurel chain around the grave and sing Bread and Roses. It is a beautiful tradition! Check out the video below to learn more about it! (I am featured at 3:38!)


One of the traditions of Laurel Parade is to wear white as a symbol of unity. Everyone looked fantastic in their white ensembles and green silk scarfs.



It's incredible to think that this marks the beginning of graduation weekend and the end of my time at Mount Holyoke. But I can always take solace in knowing that I will be invited back to Laurel Parade in just two short years. 

Comments

Popular Posts